We hope that this common-sense code of practice will allow AFTA members to set the standard as legitimate operators from the huge growth of rogue operators setting up. All members of AFTA agree to abide by the code of practice.
In the event that a member has been proven to be in breach of this code the following will apply:
The member’s membership will immediately be cancelled and the member will be required to remove any AFTA logos from all their marketing material.
AFTA Code of Practice
- You agree to read and abide by the laws under section 34 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990. The law requires anyone dealing with waste to keep it safe, make sure it’s dealt with responsibly and only given to businesses authorised to take it.
- Ensuring vehicles are loaded securely for transport purposes.
- Have a valid Waste Carriers License if you engage in the collection and transportation of waste.
- Not to bring the industry into disrepute by engaging in illegal activities.
- You agree to display the AFTA member logo on either your website, letterheads, vehicle or other marketing materials.
- Ensure your waste is transferred to someone who is authorised to receive it, for example, a registered waste carrier or waste manager with the relevant authorisation.
- Take reasonable measures to ensure that your waste does not cause pollution or harm to human health.
- To operate your business in accordance with the laws, rules and regulations operating within the UK and the EU, within the markets in which they operate.
- To ensure that their business takes all the steps required to prevent an adverse impact upon the environment and that good environmental practices within their business are encouraged.